Re: EA9500 Stuck in Reboot

@bigdave240 yes this is always how I acess the problem routers. I want to isolate any connections that might cause issues.

OK, router still reboots after updating to latest FW. I'm going to RMA it.

Expert

yeah sounds defective. it happens...

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware

[ Edited ]

After 6 months of perfect performance, I have now had my original EA9500 router and its replacement go into the 'infinite reboot' cycle within 1 week.  Both times it happened over  night (between 10PM and 6AM).  The only thing that has changed in my network in this time period is that several of my Win 10 machines got the Creator update (none of them had it before last week).  I have attached a backup ASUS router to the network and have absolutely no issues.    I am wondering if there is some crazy packets that are being sent out by the Win 10 machines that is interacting with the router firmware in a way that crashes the router permanently.  If this weren't a $400 router, this would be an interesting problem.

My first one of these acted the same-- worked fine for 6 months and then died. Took me 3 replacements to get one that works again. I fully expect this one to die in 6 months too but unfortunately I'm stuck past any return period. If I wasn't I would definitely swith to another brand.

Expert

Did you try reloading the latest firmware?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, the unit does not respond to to the reset button and never boots to the point where the interface is available, even for ethernet connected PCs.  So, firmware reload is not an option.  I am supposed to be escalated to the next level of support.  I was told to expect a call back within the next day or so.  We'll see how thid goes.  I hope it does not take two more replacement units like the post above Smiley Sad 

Sounds like one of the wireless radios has an issue. Through debugging one of my failures, that's what I found out. Its supposedly a feature-- the hope in the FW developer's mind is that resetting fixes the problem. Since resetting doesn't fix a dead radio, it actually makes the entire router unusable for anything. Great feature guys. Removing that "feature" would actually allow the router to be partially usable and more readilly debugged (dumping logs, etc).

AFR-5, if I were you, I'd push for an RMA right away. I can almost guarantee you that the support solutions offered won't do anything. In your state you won't even be able to dump logs.

The RMA of the second unit may already be approved.  I just got a new RMA email with a new case number.  I suspect this problem is not that uncommon.  The tech for the first unit determined pretty quickly that the unit needed to be replaced.  The second tech did not even ask me to try anything since the problem was the same.

I'll post again once I have a new replacement and it's either failed or worked for more than 36 hours.  I really hope this gets solved.  When this router works, it is awesome.

My WRT 3200ACM does the same thing if I have the 5Ghz radio enabled and my printer plugged into the router after I added a Nest thermostat and detector to my WiFi network. I spent two days before figuring out how to stop the problem. I think there is an issue with the firmware or maybe hardware. My WRT 1900AC works fine with the 5Ghz enabled.

I went back to Linksys after burning up two Netgear Routers but not sure I made the right choice. They use to be rock solid.