Re: EA9500 Stuck in Reboot

Same story here. I bought first router 3 months ago, it fails after 6 weeks with the same symptoms, blue status light kept cycling and eventially router restarts, and it just kept restarting. No devices connected, just router. I could not just returned it anymore so 
I've bought a second router and returned first one. One month later - same thing, no wireless connection, keeps restarting. After numerious attemps I was able to connect to router thru web access to update firmware, it did not help, keeps restarting. The only thing I have left to do is to get new one and return old one and and keep doing so until they are available since I cannot just return it anymore and get different router. I belive there are bigger issues with this routers.

Expert

I've notified Linksys engineering of this EA9500 issue referencing this forum thread.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Expert

dlounine wrote:

Same story here. I bought first router 3 months ago, it fails after 6 weeks with the same symptoms, blue status light kept cycling and eventially router restarts, and it just kept restarting. No devices connected, just router. I could not just returned it anymore so 
I've bought a second router and returned first one. One month later - same thing, no wireless connection, keeps restarting. After numerious attemps I was able to connect to router thru web access to update firmware, it did not help, keeps restarting. The only thing I have left to do is to get new one and return old one and and keep doing so until they are available since I cannot just return it anymore and get different router. I belive there are bigger issues with this routers.

The EA9500 is defective please warranty RMA the EA9500 either at store of purchase or through linksyscares@linksys.com

Linksys

Chadster766

Thanks for notifying Linksys engineering.  There definately seems to be something going on.  To have a replacement router go bad in 36 hours in my case and multiple returns/replacements have the same problem for others as well  tells me that this is not a small problem.  The hardest part is that when the problem occurs, the router will not even respond to the reset button. I will be getting my second replacement unit next week and I am already afraid to plug it in.

The interesting thing is that I liked the router so much that I bought a second unit about a week after the first (both from Amazon).  The second unit is at a vacation home and is still (knock on wood) working fine.  

Hi, 

my router EA9500 has the same problem, boot loop and no idea how to fix. Is RMA the only option here. i was only able to use this for 2 weeks.

Expert

rmapua23 wrote:

Hi, 

my router EA9500 has the same problem, boot loop and no idea how to fix. Is RMA the only option here. i was only able to use this for 2 weeks.

Please RMA the EA9500. There doesn't seem to be another solution at this time for units that have this specific issue.

Linksys

Chadster766,

If Linksys engineering is interested, I am willing to talk to them about my network setup both at the location where two units have failed within the last two weeks and the location where a unit continues to function normally. for > 6 months  If it's a hardware issue, maybe knowing the serial no of the "so far so good" unit may help. troubleshoot the issue.

When I get my next replacement next week, I plan to put it online slowly.  Plug it in and turn it on for 48 hours, then connect it to the internet for 48 hours, the plug in hrdwired devices one at a time starting with Mac and Win 7 machines and my Linux servers followed by my Win 10 desktop, then finally turn on wireless and let those deices connect.  Hopefully, I can see if it is an interaction with something on the network.

Expert

AFR-5 wrote:

Chadster766,

If Linksys engineering is interested, I am willing to talk to them about my network setup both at the location where two units have failed within the last two weeks and the location where a unit continues to function normally. for > 6 months  If it's a hardware issue, maybe knowing the serial no of the "so far so good" unit may help. troubleshoot the issue.

When I get my next replacement next week, I plan to put it online slowly.  Plug it in and turn it on for 48 hours, then connect it to the internet for 48 hours, the plug in hrdwired devices one at a time starting with Mac and Win 7 machines and my Linux servers followed by my Win 10 desktop, then finally turn on wireless and let those deices connect.  Hopefully, I can see if it is an interaction with something on the network.

The offer is greatly appreciated but I think Linksys engineering has already determined that EA9500 units with this specific issue need to be RMA'd.

Linksys

Now if they could determine which units are likely to be good and send them as RMA relacements instead of the customer being the tester Smiley Happy

Thanks again.  your responses are greatly appreciated!

Update.  The 2nd replacement unit arrived last Wednesday.   It was in partial use (WAN plus a Macbook Air connected wirelessly) for 3 day.  On Saturday, I restored the configuration and put it into full use. So far so good.  Crossing my fingures that this holds up over the long haul.

I do want to take time to compliment the Linksys Support team.  The replacements went as smoothly as they could, and I was not forced to spend hours on the phone doing needless troubleshooting.  They actually listened to all the troubleshooting steps I had done before calling and did not robotically make me do them all over again.  After a few simple checks, they were satisfied that the unit was defective.