Re: EA9500 Stuck in Reboot

[ Edited ]

I've been having similar issues with my EA9500 since July. I bought my router in February. It continuously reboots itself and has factory reset itself multiple times. I contacted Linksys and my case was escalated to engineering. They called me yesterday and wanted to know the specs of the power adapter that I was using. I told them it was the one that was sent with the router. I took a picture of the power adapter and sent them my receipt and they told me customer service would be in contact about a replacement unit. I'd been trying everything that I know to do thinking that it was something I could fix. I finally hooked up my old E3000 and have not had any problems with my network since. The EA9500 is the first product from Linksys that I've purchased that has had issues.

I am wondering if they'll send a brand new unit or a refurb. I am hoping that they'll send us the new V2 versions, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Both of my replacement units were V1.1 hardware.  They looked new, but hard to tell.

As much as I have been a devoted Linksys owner for many years This feels like a Samsung similar issue. Of course, I'm not taking it on an airplane but it is crippling my family. I had mine for only 40 days and the problem started. I'm sorry I didn't catch this feed prior to purchase. I hope the real issue gets resolved and no casualties because the warranty was one day out prior to the fix being identified.

Thank you,

just an update on my issue, i decided to do my own troubleshooting as I don't think Linksys would produce such a lemon product. I did the usual troubleshooting steps like doing a reset etc but still getting the same issue, the unit keeps on rebooting. I decided to change my power supply as I have some spare universal power adapter lying around. So did the reset again and this eventually fixed the problem! So I think what happened is that the power brick that came from the unit eventually lost voltage for whatever reason and its not supplying the unit with the right power. Mine is now working as expected. Hope this helps.

[ Edited ]

This would explain why Linksys asked me the specs of my power supply, which I thought was odd.

Version 2 firmware is now showing up on the support/firmware section, so maybe they're now shipping! Here's to hoping that my replacement will be a V2!

My EA9500 did this very same thing Friday, I waited to find the answer this morning and have nothing but bad news to read here. I bought mine from the Linksys site as refurbished  5 months ago. With this problem being seen here over and over again I would like to see Linksys acknowledge responsibility even for the refurbished units. Of course in this case I guess I got better than "new" since it seems most of the folks here didn't even get 5 months of use out of their units. My firmware is also the 1.1. I down loaded the 2 but have no idea how I might use it.

Version number refers to the hardware that you have. Look on the bottom of your router for version number. Only use the firmware which corresponds with your hardware version.

So I would have to wait for an updated 1.1....

I got a same question when I had my replacement sent to me. The sad thing is my replacement came on Thursday August 24th and by Saturday it was giving me a problem. I called Linksys back and they had me reset the modem.
I did let them know that I had it plugged into a APC smart power supply but I'm wondering if that's part of the problem.

I believe if you catch the right person on the phone they will do the right thing. Even if you have to escalate.