Re: EA9500 Stuck in Reboot

I had the same problem with EA9500. It kept on rebooting. Tried reset and using different power outlets etc etc.. nothing helped. Customer service considered it as defective and sent me another unit. Customer service experience was good.. but this router is junk and high priced for nothing. It's firware and software doesn't even have the basic features that many low priced routers have. Please don't go for this router. Wasted lot of money. It's not possible to return for refund now.

My router was installed just over 24 hours, woke up this morning on day 2 and wifi was down... rebooted the router and when it didn't return after a few minutes, I realized it was in a boot loop. Tried factory reset, and it didn't work. Googled and was a little surprised to see autocomplete finish "EA9500 reboot loop" when I had only typed the "re"... My router is just a few days old, so I can return it. I'm tempted to pick a different brand after reading this thread...

The question I have is for those folks that have dealt with this issue repeatedly, did you eventually get replacements that work? And if you could do it all over again would you still buy this model or get something different? 

My replacement has caused me no problems.

[ Edited ]

My 2nd replacement unit has been working fine for about 2 months (1st relacement only lasted a few days).  I also have another unit that has not failed at all (yet).

As for your second question...  If I could assure that it would not have this early failure problem, I would definately buy again.  It has provided a fast connection in parts of my house that formally were a dead spots.  For example, in our family room I now get a full 230 Mb/sec (max IP speed) on my iPhone and laptop.  Before, I would have prolems streaming video, especially if someone sat in the wrong place and blocked the signal.

I feel your frustration. Just purchased the EA9500 and it only lasted a few hours before it stopped responding and then would never boot up. Just kept restarting. Call support and was told I needed to pay for shipping and full price hold my credit card to get advanced shipping. I was able to get shipping taken care of but they wouldn’t expedite so I have another week to wait. I sure hope this is just because there is a bad batch out there and we happened to get them. If the second one goes bad, they said they will not refund or exchange this product for another model.

Hope your replacement is a 'good one'.  My 2nd replacement has been running without issue for 6 months.  Good luck!

Thanks! *crosses fingers*

I should have replied to my original post, shame on me. I repalced it at the retailer (different location) the next day, and the new unit has been operating flawlessly since. There must be a few bad boxes out there. Even with having to do the exchange I still would recommend this router, it's great.

My ea9500 just experienced the reboot loop issue. I bought it 38 days ago from best buy so unfortunately no return. Linksys is sending me a replacement. Keeping fingers crossed the replacement doesn't have the same issue.

I tried all of that. Mine is stuck in a reboot loop no matter how many reset attempts you try with it.