How to improve WiFi speed with EA6100?

[ Edited ]

If I connect my laptop directly to my ISP-provided cable modem, I get a download speed of 235 Mbps, which is pretty good, given the advertised speed is 200 Mbps. If I connect my Linksys EA6100 router to the cable modem, through the modem's only ethernet port, and then connect my laptop to one of the Linksys' Fast Ethernet ports, I consistently get between 93 and 95 Mbps. But, when I connect wirelessly with my laptop sitting only 3' from the Linksys router, the best download speed I can get is 45 Mbps. I've tried changing channels and the Auto setting gives me the best speed.  Is 45 Mbps the best I can expect? I know wireless is always slower than a wired connection, but this just seems a little too slow. The firmware is up-to-date.

Re: How to improve WiFi speed with EA6100?

Hello, sferdinand. You should be able to get a maximum of 300 Mbps or 867 Mbps (for 5 GHz), 300 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz). However, let's have you further assisted with our Support Team. Please send us an email at along with your phone number, location (state & country), community username, and the link to this thread for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support