Lack of detail in parental controls (Smart Wi-fi)

I recently upgraded to a WRT1200-AC router. I was dismayed to find that the option for 'parental controls on, enter password to override for an hour at a time' was gone.

I was dismayed to then find out that I can only control parental on/off times on the hour. I want to be able to allow one child to be on until 9pm but another to have the internet blocked from 8.30pm. It seems odd that this degree of specificity is not available either in the app or in the browser-based interface. Is there something I can do to enable it?

Re: Lack of detail in parental controls (Smart Wi-fi)

Hi, barrysnewman.
If you wish to block a device at a specific time you can select the "specific times" option. This will allow or block the internet connection at the said time. For more information, check out this link.

Pamela - 21733
Linksys Technical Support

I understand that I can block devices at designated times. The issue is that those designated times are only on the hour.

Is there a way to have the "specific" times more specific; e.g. 8.45pm?

@barrysnewman wrote:

I understand that I can block devices at designated times. The issue is that those designated times are only on the hour.

Is there a way to have the "specific" times more specific; e.g. 8.45pm?

You can actually do that using parental controls if you're using windows OS. On the router, you can do that by accessing the user interface and block internet access in specific time by editing it. 

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support
Highlighted
Expert

in parental control edit box it is only by the hour. so from 8 to 9 but if you want 8:30 i don't see a way to do it.

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware