Re: Linksys EA9200 Keeps Droping Connection On Wireless Devices

I'm currently using this router as an access point, and it has been VERY stable.  I left it sitting on a shelf for almost a year before deciding to try and put it into use again... and with MUCH configuration and trial and error, I finally got it to work the way I want.

I too have turned off Band Steering, and found that it performs better when that is disabled.  I think this router is also very susceptable to interference.

I have a bunch of IP cameras (about 6) connected to this router (using the 2.4G network) and all cameras seem to be working and connected whenever I need them to be (cams are online when ever I check remotely).  The one gripe of have with this router is I find that the 5G range SUCKS.  I've got all antennas pointed straight up, router is out in the open, and I can see my signal strength drop considerably while walking down the hallway -- this is while in line of sight of the router.  While on the next level up, I get quite poor wifi strength from this, and I'm only 1 floor up, almost directly above the router. I do understand that 5G doesn't penetrate building materials, but my ISP router is waaay down the hall in my living room, which would have to pass through many more walls, and it seems like I get better strength from that than I do the EA9200 while almost on top of it.

For something that is touted as being high end... it doesn't live up to that standard.  My ISP router seems to put out better wifi than this.

WRT3200ACM w/High Gain Antenna's,
ISP Modem: CODA-4582, 1000/30 Package, EA9200 (retired)

I'm sincerely happy you were able to make it work.

Mine has gone to the garbage bin and I bought Netgear Mesh routers - Orbi.

In 5 steps everything worked like a charm.

No more Linksys at home.

Cheers,

GeraldoF,<br><br>I will also no longer purchase their “crapola”. Though it is working now, and seems to balance internet access fairly well with my configuration (2.4Ghz (G) 54Mbps and (N) 144Mbps 5Ghz (N only) 300MBps, it is not doing what it’s labeled (AC 3.2Gbps). Unfortunately, it seems when the router reaches max available bandwidth between devices, it crashes and reboots. I hope people read this forum prior to purchasing this pos
Highlighted

Wow; I'm glad I ceased and desisted with the Linksys EA9200. I went back to my Netgear R6220 - AC1200 router and I never looked back. NO way I was going to put up with all the glitches from the EA9200. Plus their interface completely takes away control over your network. Much happier with the NetGear interface which allows me to block any new devices, manually set dedicated IP's configure port forwarding and all the choices a robust network router does. Hopefully, Linksys will improve the router interface for more manual configuration instead of the do everything with your phone app interface it now forces you to use.