Re: No 2.4Ghz Network on WRT3200ACM

Exact same thing.  Just got this router the other day, and came home today to find the 2.4 SSID was no where to be found.  Downgraded to the FW that shipped with the thing, and it's back (for now).

Yesterday, I just got a brand new WRT3200ACM router from Amazon. I did the setup, including updating the firmware, and I set up 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless networks.

I just noticed that ALL of my devices are not seeing the 2.4 Ghz network, including my wireless printer, which only supports 2.4 Ghz. So I can not get my printer connected.

My firmware version is 1.0.5.176416. Is this a KNOWN problem? Do I have bad hardware?

So far the 5Ghz network seems to be working ok.

After rebooting the router, the 2.4 Ghz network started working and I was able to connect my printer. Still seems like an issue to me. Why did it disapear in the first place, requiring a reboot to get working? I will report back if it disappears again.

I have been staying up with the latest firmware since my replacement came and haven't had a problem with my 2.4 network since. It makes me think it was a hardware issue, but part me also wonders that maybe it is somehow firmware related, maybe something that happens as a result of an update or something that can't easily be reversed through reflashing it.

Been eyeing it for a while and got it on that same Amazon flash sale.  It would be nice to know if it's really a firmware issue, which I can live with for now, or a real HW issue, in which case I don't want to loose the return window, or be able to RMA the thing.

You're covered under the warranty for 12 months, so I wouldn't worry too much. I had had mine for 2 months when I had to have it sent back. Linksys shipped me a replacement first, so I wasn't without a router for a week, which was nice. I've been really happy with mine since then. Rock solid all the time.

Same problem here. I figured out the following trick to turn on the 2.4ghz network

i) from http://LinksysSmartWiFi.com, turn off 2.4hz wireless, then turn on 2.4ghz wireless;

ii) turn on the 2.4 ghz guess wireless again as the turn off 2.4hz wireless will also turn off  guest wireless

iii) Turn off the router, wait for 2 minutes and then turn on router again,  the 2.4 ghz wireless will be turned on

Seems a software problem prevent the 2.4ghz network from turned on!

Hello everyone.

Same here.

Linksys support was a bit confusing; as the first support individual told me i had a defective unit and we did an RMA a few weeks ago.

This after replacing my first unit with Best Buy thinking it was just defective.

So now i'm on my 3rd device, and Linksys still says "We known nothing about a known issue"

So...

They just asked for my backup and configuration output, which i sent them this morning.

The trick i use is to go in with mobil app...  turn off the 2.4, and turn it back on.

~Jim

My 2.4 network has stayed up after rebooting my router a couple of days ago.

I realized that there is definitely a bug in the most recent firmware. Sometimes turn off and turn on the 2.4 ghz and unplug and plug in will turn on the 2.4ghz. Sometimes, I has to restart the router and will turn on the 2.4 ghz signal. I hope it is not a hardware issue!