No 2.4Ghz Network on WRT3200ACM

Hello,

I am having an issue with the 2.4GHz network on my WRT3200ACM. I have the network turned on, but no devices on my network can see it and the LED for the 2.4GHz network does not turn on on my router. The network has dropped out on me in the past and restarting the router usually helps, but I have power cycled my router multiple times, as well as turn the network on and off in the Smart WiFi menu and it will not turn on. It seems this is a problem on other routers as well, but I did not find any solutions in any of the other topics.

Thank you,

Sam

Expert

Re: No 2.4Ghz Network on WRT3200ACM

Hi, alpha013. Allow us to assist you with your setback. What's the firmware version of your router? Have you tried updating it recently?

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the response. The firmware version is 1.0.5.176416. I have tried updating it recently, but it appears this is the latest firmware. I just got off the phone with Linksys support; we ran through several troubleshooting steps, but were unable to get the 2.4GHz network to show up. They are escalating the issue and are supposed to get back to me in 24-48 hours (I'm expecting it to be a little longer with Christmas coming up, which is fine). Here is what we tried:

- Power Cycle

- Confirmed 2.4GHz network was turned on and set to broadcast SSID

- Changed channel from Auto to 11

- Backed up my settings, factory reset, restored settings

The working theory at this point is there is some kind of fault with the device. I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue as well, but I think I have had this firmware version for a little while and have had connectivty to the 2.4GHz network. It is hard to say precisely when I lost it because I only use one device on my 2.4GHz network and that is my printer, which I do not often use. I will update this post as I learn more.

Expert

Noted on all of that, alpha013. Feel free to update this thread if you hear something from our second level team. Have a good one!

Chris-21499

I spoke with someone else at Linksys last night. We tried reflashing the firmware, but no change. They have arranged ot have a replacement unit sent to me and I'll return this one once I receive it. I'm disappointed I have to exchange it, but overall I'm happy with the speed of response and support.

Hi, alpha013. We're glad that our Support team was able to assist you with this matter. Should you need our assistance again, you can get in touch with us here. Smiley Happy

Ces-21490

I have the same issue.  Worked for the first week.....have tried everything posted in the Community without success.  If anyone has other suggestions, please post. Thanks.

I have the same issue but with the 5G. Just bought the router today and the 5G is activated but not transmitting and the led is not on. I tried the remedys that people had used for other models with similar issue but to no avail.

I am having this issue as well on firmware 1.0.5.176416. I reverted back to factory firmware and the 2.4Ghz is back. Seems like a firmware issue, not a hardware issue.

I too had problems with 2.4Ghz dropping out with the new firmware.  I had to revert to factory firmware to gain it back.