Parental Control WRT1900ACS

Hi 

When I try to use the parantal control it locks all Internet traffic not just the site I have blocked, Whats wrong ? Its an iPad and iPhone I try to block.

Re: Parental Control WRT1900ACS

Let's check this out, legupro. Are the devices showing on the list as you're trying to set it up? If they aren't, make sure that they are connected first to the network and disable the firewall. Were you able to follow the steps on this link? Also, make sure that your router is running the latest firmware.

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support

Hi

If you mean the list in Parentcontroll is the answer yes.

And I cant use the link, my WRT1900ACS is not on the list of routers that work with that software, I'm using "Linksys Smart WiFi" on my pc.

I have automatic update so the firmware is 1.0.3.182461.

Leif G

wrt1900ACS-1.GIF

@legupro wrote:

Hi

If you mean the list in Parentcontroll is the answer yes.

And I cant use the link, my WRT1900ACS is not on the list of routers that work with that software, I'm using "Linksys Smart WiFi" on my pc.

I have automatic update so the firmware is 1.0.3.182461.

Leif G

How about this link? Let us know if you were able to follow the setup.

Gerard_21724

Hi I dont understand your answer ?

If you look at the picture I have sent in you can see that I have done exactly like in the LINK so why do you send a LINK an something I already have done  ?

And when I enable the control I can no longer reach Internet from my iPhone, but its just 3 adreses I want to block

And when I disable I can reach the internet

/Leif G

@legupro
Looks like you were able to block the iPhone that you're using in configuring the Parental Controls. You can try using a laptop or PC, then once you check the devices on the Parental Controls list, rename the connected devices so you don't mistakenly block your phone from the other phone. If you are still unable to have it work, let us know so we have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744

Hi I have tried the Parantel Control on several PC, iPad and iPhone and it works the same on everybody.

I have tried the APP on my iPhone and on my iPad and I have tried the program from my PC but its still the same, if I enable the control I can not surf internet from the device that I have enabled.

When I try to surf to the site that I have blocket I get a correct website : "Internet is blocked".

but when I try some other websites I get the message "no internet access"

legupro

Alright. What's the network status in the UI? Try to disable the IPv6 feature on your router. For instructions, click here. Once done, power cycle your router and check if it works.

Pamela - 21733

Hi
I have already disabled the IPv6.