Two MAC Addresses are showing up under one device

[ Edited ]

I have an AC1900. My Son and I both have iPad's. In the device list in Smart Wi-Fi, it shows both devices as one. 

Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 7.16.00 AM.png

How do I split these out into two devices so I can manage my son's device with parental control?

Expert

Re: Two MAC Addresses are showing up under one device

Did you confirm that the iPads MAC addresses by looking in the iPads settings?

Are both the iPads named the same in the device?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

They were. Thank you! I changed the names, but it still shows as the same. Do I need to restart the devices and reboot the modem, maybe?

Yep. I rebooted both and all is working. Thank you very much!! Solved.

I am also having this problem with two Macbook Air's and two Google Home Mini's.  I tried resetting the router to its factory settings, but the problem reappeared--the two Macbooks (each with its own MAC address and static IP address) appears under one device as do the two Google Home Mini's.  I just got off of the phone with Linksys about this and they couldn't help.  I can't believe that this is still a problem 3 years later!

Hi, mshoff1Were you able to try @dpruitt31 workarounds? If not, you may try that for isolation. It might solve the issue. 

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support

Simply rebooting the devices did not work.  Neither did resetting the router from scratch.  The router seems to find devices of the same make and model and tie them together as one device, even though they have different MAC and IP addresses.  Once the router merges two devices, I cannot separate them easily.

Expert

Please read my previous post in this thread that resolved the issue for the original poster (OP).

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Two-MAC-Addresses-are-showing-up-under-one-device/...

Linksys

Please read my previous post in this thread that specifically said that the solution that resolved the issue for the original poster (OP) did NOT resolve the issue for me.

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Two-MAC-Addresses-are-showing-up-under-one-device/...

Expert

@wrote:

Please read my previous post in this thread that specifically said that the solution that resolved the issue for the original poster (OP) did NOT resolve the issue for me.

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Two-MAC-Addresses-are-showing-up-under-one-device/m-p/1271239/highlight/true#M347504

Sorry I missed that.

What are the names of the devices, mac addresses and ip addresses? It would be very unusual to have Macbooks having Static IP Addresses since they typically travel and use different internet connections. By Static IP Addresses do you mean DHCP reservations?

Linksys