Highlighted
Accepted Solution

WRT1900ACS Speed Check is blank

The Speed Check was working for me about a week ago from Chrome, but is no longer working, the page just appears blank.  Is this a known issue?

I am using Chome/MAC 64.0.3282.119

Thanks!

Re: WRT1900ACS Speed Check is blank

Actually, it may require some coordination between Linksys and speedtest.net, the error message from console is:

Refused to display 'http://www.speedtest.net/?bg=4&lang=en' in a frame because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'none'".

Expert

AFAIK this models built-in speedtest use Adobe Flash Player which must not be installed on the PC.

I recommend instead use www.speedtest.net

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Flash is installed, and enabled for the router's IP, good idea though.

It was my assumption that the speed test was performed directly on the router (avoiding any wifi latency) which is why I have tried to avoid using speedtest.net directly.  www.speedtest.net is 3-5x as fast on 5 GHz vs 2.4 GHz when run through my browser, but I am realizing that I may not have tried running it from the router app over 2.4 GHz... and it was actually testing over wifi all along.

To be clear, this wasn't a Flash issue.  When flash is disabled, an image displays that instructs to enable it.  This was just appearing blank, and appeared to be related to a security setting on the www.speedtest.net side.  It is resolved as of this morning, so the results are now showing again.

Thanks!