WRT310N CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Unable to connect to the internet. Wireless is working OK.

New router WRT310N

Re: WRT310N CAN NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET

Who is your ISP? Are you able to connect to internet from modem directly.
lsb

I am having same problem with newly purchased WRT310N - wireless great, no connection to internet.  I have Time Warner Road Runner service, been using it with competitor router for four years without any problem such as this (and still works if I switch back to old router from new one).  If I log into the WRT310N, the status page looks like the router is getting assigned an IP address by the modem.

Any tips on how to resolve?  I did not see any new firmware posted for this router.

Who is the ISP?

reset the router and reconfigure the router. if you have cable ISP do mac address clone on the router so that it can grab an ip from your isp, then power cycle modem and router

Same problem as above with WRT310N.  I'm using Comcast ISP, and Windows Vista on Dell laptop.  Network is there but get a "limited access" label on it and can't connect to internet.  Other laptop with Windows XP has no problem logging on and accessing internet.  If I hardwire connect directly to router then no problem getting to internet. Have tried running Microsoft patch for Vista specifically for resolving "limited access" on wireless but it does not resolve problem.  I have deleted connection, rebooted laptop, powered off wireless router and Comcast modem to rediscover network but end up with same problem?  What's left to try so that I can resolve this issue?

Take off your seecurity ( WEP ).  I just bought it and had issues with connecting to the internet or the wireless itself.  Once I took off the security, I was good to go.  I hope I undestood your problem...if not, sorry!

Today I purchased a WRT310N for more than double the cost of an existing D-Link product in an effort to improve range (less than 20 meters, but through two brick walls) The D-Link was managing a signal strength of around 60%, using a Linksys USB client wireless adapter. The WRT310N achieved an improved signal strength, but, after 6 hours of frustration, neither the wired computer or (of course) the wireless client could connect to the internet, even though Windows XP (latest service pack) reported that the internet was connected....nothing but an 'unable to connect' message.
My service provider uses PPPoE. The status button on the WRT310N reported 'unable to connect' Incidently, Windows networking was reporting the internet connection as 'disabled' After enabling the connection, the internet connection icon just disappeared!
After exhausting all options I could think of including router reset and re-install several times, I re-installed the D-Link router and everything returned to normal. I read the post suggesting that the router works if security is disabled, but, with respect, I need security on my SSID. The modem is an ISP supplied Speedstream 4200 on DSL.
Is there a problem with the WRT319N?

Re: WRT310n during initial setup the 4th step connecting to router will not respond