Re: WRT3200ACM - 1.0.6.184351 Firmware and Wireless Lockups (5ghz radio related)

Running firmeware v1.0.6.181063  Started experiencing several dropped wireless connections. Ran into this and have decided not to upgrade.

Though Still look to be having the issue anyway.

Re: WRT3200ACM - 1.0.6.184351 Firmware and Wireless Lockups (5ghz radio related)

I'm curious of the same thing.. I see SEVERAL posts for Several different Linksys routers all dropping wifi connections.  I downgraded mine as previously stated.. so it's no longer kicking anything off the wireless, BUT.... if I want to add something new.. I have to restart my router to get anything new to connect to it, so when it upgraded the firmware it seems to have hosed something up interally.. IE sometype of internal firmware that has messed up the access points?  I'm waiting on my new router in the mail, and hopefully they don't have the new firmware already loaded up on it.  If this is a firmware issue they need to fix it now.. not "work on it"  this is a very expensive piece of hardware, and I'm wondering if they are monitoring these threads?  Maybe we need to find someone on Redit to complain to and have them reach out maybe we will get a response out of someone that makes more sense other then "Turn off ipv6 and your firewall settings"  What kind of FIX is that?  That's not a fix!  That's a security problem.

Has anyone reached the Linksys support team ?. How can we highlight this issue to next level ?

I am now having this issue as well.

I just bought the router not even a month ago (outside of the time to be able to return it), and it only started acting up a couple of days ago. It will show a wireless network, but none of the devices will connect to it. A power cycle of the router wil reset everything but it seems to heppen once a day now.

I am on the 1.0.6.184351 Firmware as well. I sent a meeasge to Linksys support yesterday, but have heard nothing so far.

It seems like a firmware issue. But, in my tests rolling back to an older firmware does not correct the issue. It's  like the newer firmware changed something in the router that flashing back to an older firmware does not correct.  All very odd.

I contacted linksys support a few days ago, the solution was replacing the unit. Mine is more than 1 year old

Back at 1.0.6.181063 over the past week, things seem to overall be stabilized and I'm not losing conectivity. Adding a few more 5ghz clients today to specifically work on this aspect.

I had auto update on, and it must have applied this firmware update yesterday as my router has crashed 4 times in the last 16 hours. Previous to this it last crashed months ago. 

I will revert to the previous firmware next time it crashes, and will be turning off auto updates. I work from home and cannot be blindsided by bad firmware crashing my network at inopportune times.

@nautuul:  Replaced your hardware huh?  They might end up replacing a lot of them. I went and bought a new one from BestBuy and it had the same issue as my year old one. If you can help it, I'd keep your replacement from updating its firmware.

@peltgroth: I don't blame you. I need my router to work period. This might all be fixed in the end, but went out an bought another brand.

The same thing is happening with my WRT3200. It was working fine until the firmware update. Now it is dropping the wireless connections a lot. My firmware is at 1.0.6.184351. I am going to try going reverting to a previous version. One other note is when it drops the wireless connections, it drops everything connected to the wireless at the same exact time. All devices drop at the same time. I live in the country and there are no other 5GHz or even 2.4GHz routers or connections anywhere near my house. In addition, I have no other electronics running a wireless signal in any band. No cordless phone etc. So when support says it's an interference issue, it definitely is not.