Expert

Re: WRT3200ACM - 1.0.6.184351 Firmware and Wireless Lockups (5ghz radio related)

I've reported this issue to Linksys engineering referencing this forum thread.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Re: WRT3200ACM - 1.0.6.184351 Firmware and Wireless Lockups (5ghz radio related)

[ Edited ]

So thats whats happening ! I recently moved to this firmware and now everyday I need to restart my router ! Thanks for reporting this. Is it safe to downgrade to the previous vrsion ?

I have tried downgrading to firmware 1.0.6.181063, but this did not seem to solve the problem. The issue was still present the next morning when I woke up. 

As of now it seems the router makes it through the day without any issues (it did with the most recent firmware), but overnight is when the hang up happens. I wish I could give a time to try and get a better idea, but I cannot really pull an all nighter for this.

When I installed the older firmware I went through and did the whole factory reset first before I downgraded.

I will be trying to downgrade one firmware earlier (1.0.5.179030) tonight.

Any suggestions on anything else to do when downgrading further?

Other item I saw is I was using the chrome browser if that has any actual effect......

I also checked my modem to see if it was having any issues, and it is not reporting anything going on in the past couple of days either.

I still have not heard back from Linksys support as well after I submitted my issue.

Chadster766 any idea on when we expect to here back from Linksys engineering? It seem this issue is bigger with multiple post of this router having similar issues, all with the wifi.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/LinkSys-WRT3200ACM-loses-internet-connection-on-WiF...

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200-Locking-Up-in-Bridge-Mode/td-p/1073714

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-Bridge-Mode-wifi-errors/td-p/1238666

Not good , for a replacement router they are asking me.to.pay the shipping cost . Why shall i pay for something which did not work as promised !

And just to add to the number of reports, I've been experiencing the same thing in the last 4 days.  When I get home from work or wake up in the morning, the wireless has dropped.  This is after about 6 months of stability.  It's definitely something new and the number of reports make me a bit more comfortable that it's not a hardware thing and related to firmware.

I've just downgraded my firmware to the previous version (1.0.6.181063) and I'll watch carefully over the next few days.

Something is definitely going on with Linksys firmware right now.

Is there any additional logging for data gathering we can be doing to assist the engineering team?

The challenge I have at this point is that I've had to move back to the previous firmware due to a work-from-home situation that would not be acceptable given the problems being experienced with the latest FW revision.

The best I could do would be a cascaded router configuration with a limited number of clients. 

Expert

dameontx wrote:

Is there any additional logging for data gathering we can be doing to assist the engineering team?

If anyone with this issue would like I can forward their sysinfo.cgi reports to Linksys engineering. The reports are only useful if they are generated when the issue is occurring and best when it just occurs.

Send me a Private Message by clicking on my forum username and I will reply with my email address so you can send me the report.

Linksys

Chadster766 -

I will need to make some changes to put my router back on that firmware and then recreate the issue, but if Saturday or Sunday is not too late to do so, I'd like to send in my data as well.

Chadster766 - 

Can you atleast confirm if it is safe to go back to the previous firmware ? People have been reporting negative impacts by rolling back to the previous version. Appreciate a quick response !

Expert

[ Edited ]

nikunj wrote:

Chadster766 - 

Can you atleast confirm if it is safe to go back to the previous firmware ? People have been reporting negative impacts by rolling back to the previous version. Appreciate a quick response !

It's definitely safe to roll back to a previous firmware. I recommend that a reset to factory defaults be done through the WebUI just in case there is incompatibilities between old and new firmware settings.

Linksys