WRT3200ACM? Stuck on 6168 firmware?

I bought my WRT3200acm a couple days ago.

I noticed that it was having an issue with limited wifi output and ethernet speed. I have gigabit internet but I was only getting 400mbps. I've tried to download the older firmware from Linksys Support within these forums. But once it installs, it reboots with the power light on and then nothing. I can ping the IP address it assigns, but there's no internet. It's a weird IP like 169.254. 

It also won't let me install any open source firmware. DD-WRT, LEDE, etc. Nothing works. Those do similar things, but DD-WRT has the power LED on and ESATA...then it turns off three times and reboots into Linksys firmware. 

If the current firmware wasn't so bad in performance, It wouldn't bother me so much. 

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? 

Expert

Re: WRT3200ACM? Stuck on 6168 firmware?

@wrote:

I noticed that it was having an issue with limited wifi output and ethernet speed. I have gigabit internet but I was only getting 400mbps.

What is your Prioritization set at?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Definitely checked all those features. Linksys Support looked at it and said it’s defective. Getting a new one today.

Does WRT32X work on app?
Expert

@wrote:

Does WRT32X work on app?

No the WRT32X is an OpenWRT firmware which is quite different from the Linksys SmartWifi firmware.

Linksys

That's what I figured. Speaking of Open WRT, does this one have better luck with dd-wrt or open wrt? That's my end goal for the router. Especially since the /advanced-wireless.html isn't available with Linksys Web GUI. 

Expert

@wrote:

That's what I figured. Speaking of Open WRT, does this one have better luck with dd-wrt or open wrt? That's my end goal for the router. Especially since the /advanced-wireless.html isn't available with Linksys Web GUI. 

IMO the best OpenWRT Linksys router at this time is the WRT1900ACS.

Linksys