Re: WRT3200ACM and WRT32X Firmware update available 1-11-2018

I did a factory reset right after the flash. As for the speed testing I've done, it's all been local file copies. With the 3200acm it will start out good at around 90MB/sec, but then it will just stop transferring data for periods of time during the copy and resume and repeat. Which results in an overall speed of 4 to 6MB sec. I have tried copies both with SMB and using wget on one computer to a local ftp server on another(ftp server is a wired gigabit connection) both do the same thing with this router. On my cheap dlink router that I'm using in place of the wrt3200acm, I get a constant flow of data and it averages around 50MB a sec with the client being the same distance from the router.

As for wireless reception I'm just using a cheesy Android app that monitors the signal strength. If I have both the wrt3200 and the cheap dlink in the same place, the dlink signal is always at least 30 percent higher on both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands. This is also using the same wireless channels so I had pretty much an apples to apples comparison. I have tested this with both routers powered on at the same time as well as only having 1 router on to eliminate interference between them.

As for non specific internet speed testing, I haven't done much becuase I'm just getting frustrated with all the delays and hiccups with the wrt3200acm in regards to page loads that I usually just connect the laptop to the other router to get things done. I did not experience this type of pausing while transferring data with the old firmware, only really experienced complete wifi drops and the fact that I have 2 wifi smart plugs that just will not connect to the wrt3200acm, which still will not with the beta firmware

Linksys_Lucas wrote:

Greetings All,

Today I am happy to announce firmware to help resolve the issues that people have been running into with their WRT routers with networks that have Android devices on them.

I will keep the overall description short here, but this firmware incorporates a new WLAN driver that will help mitigate an issue that was discovered where Android devices coming in and out of sleep mode would crash the Wireless Network.

Both of these firmwares will eventually make their way to our update servers for regular download, however decided that a month of this issue is long enough for us to post this for all of you that have been following this in the community to download and use while we go through our final QA checks that are required before putting it on the update server. 

As of now I feel very comfortable with releasing these to everyone since we have had approximately 50 people actively Beta testing over the past week and a half or so.

For everyone with the WRT3200ACM you can download your firmware directly from this link and install it manually by logging into your router UI and going to to the Connectivity Tab > Manual Update

WRT3200ACM FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINK

Link: WRT3200ACM Firmware Download                                    
Expiry Date: 1/26/2018

For customers that have the WRT32X router you can install this firmware by logging into your router and going to

Router Administration > Manual Update 

WRT32X FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINK

Link: WRT32X Firmware Download

Expiry Date: 1/26/2018                                                                                      

Overall we believe these builds will take care of the majority of issues that everyone has been seeing. We have been very successful in the BETA tests, and also in our internal tests on these. With that said though there could be a few scenarios out there that we were not able to test for or discover as part of the Beta.

While we expect these builds will take care of your issues if you do continue to see any odd behavior please do reach out to me via PM so we can gather more detail. 

Since this issue has been ongoing for awhile I have some concern that people may have had a few other issues that got lumped into this larger one. With the release of this firmware we are going to try to work through some of the more edge cases we noticed that did not fit the main issue, but could still be present. 

I appreciate everyones patience while we worked through this issue, and just wanted to say thank you to everyone that shared Sysinfo files, Packet Captures, Answered Surveys etc. to help us truly isolate this, and get to a root cause. I am happy to say that it was the help of people here in the community that got us to these firmware releases.

Once again any feedback regarding the performance of these builds please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be checking the threads today and tomorrow, but am hopeful that I can actually take the weekend off Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Lucas

Thanks for the fix. I just installed the new firmware from the link and it works properly. Cheers to Lucas and the Linksys Team.

Installed and working so far.. Will test with some Android devices connected.. Many thanks for all the hard work!

Degraded for me after 24hrs.

WRT3200ACM is on the shelf again.

[ Edited ]

I was prompted username and password for the download link. anyone has it?

ftp://Temp64246773720Smiley FrustratedIT71hen@ftp.belkin.com/Temp64246773720/FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.6.186168_prod.img

hi,

thx for hard work donwload and install, now will make some tests.

EA-6200
WRT3200ACS

Sorry I don't get your reply. Can you type the username and password?

If you are signed into your Linksys account, there should be no prompt for an additional username and password. That direct link didn't work for you?