WRT3200ACM drop wired and wirless connections

Since yesterday afternoon my WRT3200ACM has started t drop connectivity to various intrenet endpoints.  I use Skype for Business and both my Hardwired Polycom phone and my Skype for business client drops out and re signs in every 5 to 10 minutes.    I also have issues with connectivity to some Office 365 applications.

Polycome phone is hardwired direct to the routre, the windows client does teh same on two different laptops.   My Virgin Media connection itself seems fine.

It looks like am running the latest firmware (don't know when it auto updated) .

I have an old WRT54 router and have had to press that into service as that works fine.

For the last month or so i had odd drops thrugh the day but lived with it but since yesterday the router has become unuseable for work.

I have power cycled and also factory reset it but it continuos to drop connections.    As i say, only started yerestday lunchtime and is isolated to the routrer so could be the latest FW.

I do have andriod phones on as well as IP CCTV cameras etc on the network.

Is anyone else having any issues with the latest FW 1.0.6.186168?

Very fed up with this Router!!

Dave

Re: WRT3200ACM drop wired and wirless connections

@DaveR99

We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Leve Support Team for further diagnosis. Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with the followig details:

• Full Name
  • Phone Number
  • Link to this Community thread
Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

I did what you asked and emailed support on the 29th. Have had no response since. It's a good job I have an old 10 year old router to use so I can work in place of this modern 4 month old troublesome device.

[ Edited ]

Well having had two conversations with 1 & L2 at linksys all they keep telling me to do is load the the latest FW & Factory reset..

That does not solve teh problem  the issue is with the router,,, if it's of any help  i am not teh only one experience connection drops and seeing these affcet Skype for Business product.

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA9300-Skype-for-Business-disconnects-via-wired-co...

I am really disapointed with both the support and the product

Is anyone going to come back to me to resolve this....?

Highlighted

I have started having issues with the wrt3200. I am using firmware version 1.0.6.186168 which stabilized the earlier wireless issues but now I am getting freezes and lost connections on the wired connections, particularly noticeable on computers versus media devices. It may be time to look a mesh system from someone.

Hello, Jerry807. What's the LED light status of the router when connected wired? Were you able to check the connection behind the modem? For further assistance, send us your contact details at LinksysCares@linksys.com, along with the link of this thread.

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support
Expert

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem with dropped connections both wired and wireless.  I opened a case and got called tonight.  It has been escalated to engineering and they are supposed to call me in the next 25 to 48 business hours.  I'll report back. .

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please
feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
Firmware: davidc502 works great!
EA6900 Stock Firmware

Well the issue is still not fxed,  I was asked to send logs and a wireshark trace wich i did around the 13th Febuary,  Not heard a thing back from support since , despite sending several reminder emails.  

Come on Linksys, This is terrible customer service.  Either fix it or provide me a replacement router that works!

I cannot use this one at all as it is too unstable with it's conections.

Expert

Got a call but missed it. Returned the call as instructed  but never got in touch with anyone, long wait time on the phone. Nothing since. Router unusable. Going to call again today and see what happens

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware
Expert

Well, seems like this is dropped. Wait times are forever when calling in and no word of how long. I left messages but no response. And emailing with my case number are being ignored. Would be great if an employee would at least give an update on this. Hate to toss it in the trash but it's not useful the way it is. 

Hardware:
WRT3200ACM
EA6900 Stock Firmware