Re: WRT32X Dropping Wifi?

I have spoken with multiple Linksys tech support reps and all of them have said it is a known issue with the router. Something to do with the firmware and they are "working on it." I'm considering returning mine while i still have a chance. I do not know how long it's going to take them to figure  out the giant mistake they've caused in the most recent firmware update.

same exact issue here, except i just bought the router and it started doing this the very next day. paying 300$ for a product i cant even use since the wifi drops within 30 minutes of a reboot is beyond frustrating.

Just got this router and have not hooked it up yet. Chadster, do you have a copy of the prior firmware (not the latest causing issues) for this router that I can install? Thanks for your help.

Have you tried settings manual channels and single modes on the 32x router? 

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

Beefyheart wrote:

same exact issue here, except i just bought the router and it started doing this the very next day. paying 300$ for a product i cant even use since the wifi drops within 30 minutes of a reboot is beyond frustrating.

Expert

Sorry when I got my WRT32X Linksys engineering already pulled the firmare that was available.

Can someone create a log file on a external usb drive by running the below command and then posting it after these issues occur:

nohup logread -f > /mnt/mounted-usb-drive/syslog.txt &

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

I have! and unfortunately the same issue. I seperated the 2.4 and the 5ghz band and its happening on both. maybe around 4-6 other wifi networks i can see from where my router is located so there shouldnt be much interference. same issue is happening to both bands.

Expert

Beefyheart wrote:

I have! and unfortunately the same issue. I seperated the 2.4 and the 5ghz band and its happening on both. maybe around 4-6 other wifi networks i can see from where my router is located so there shouldnt be much interference. same issue is happening to both bands.

What does the logread file show?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Hello
I want to try to help.
I have just the same problem. I'm not very good at computers but I'd love to give it a try.
If you explain it a little more precisely.

Have bought mine just now and still have the opportunity to send it back and consider it strongly.

I am not sure how to run the logfile. can you walk me through this please?

thank you

See message 6 here for a link to the old firmware (.208) and instructions on how to install it:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT32X-Slow-phone-downloads/td-p/1241278