Re: WRT32X Firmware Update 1-30-2018

it does not come out of this drama anymore

[ Edited ]

firecracker and TRIP3_ITA, our engineering team would like to know more details about the challenge you had with PPPoE connection on WRT32X. If it's fine with you, here is a couple of questions we'd like to ask:

1. Is the router failing to connect, or is the connection being established and later breaking? If it’s the latter, is there any noticeable trend e.g. connection drop after a certain amount of time or when certain actions are performed?

2. Does the occur with FW ver. 1.0.171114.271?

Please email us your contact details (name, username, phone number, and location) at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can have one of our engineers call you. Include the link to this Community thread as well.

Zeb - 10124
Linksys Technical Support

[ Edited ]

1) about the first point the PPPoE connection is established and you can also navigate for about 1 or 2 minutes then the connection is lost and there is no way to re-establish it, the router itself says that the internet connection is missing

2) about the second point I can not answer with certainty because having kept the router in automatic update mode since the purchase, I made all updates automatically and has always worked, until the last of 2018 that put KO the my PPPoE connection

I would be happy to try again for you the FW ver. 1.0.171114.271 Unfortunately I can not find it anywhere in the download

I am able to find only the FW 1.0.170828.208 and with this the PPPoE works

If you want me to do some tests please contact me by email and I will gladly send them, a telephone contact would be too difficult for me to support in spoken English

I installed the firmware a couple of weeks ago, so far, no issues, thanks!

Linksys team,

Would appreciate if you could add Israel to the next firmware version as one of the countries in the timezone list.

1.jpg

I am conneted to the Internet using DHCP. 

The internet connetion keeps disconnecting. I have tried every thing to fix it. 

reset the WRT32x back to factory and reinstalled lastest firmware. even tried firstboot and reboot. 

The internet would drop connection when I went to a new website on a wired computer. The DNS was set to ISP, I tried the others and even manual. 

I started to think it was my fiber internet provider until I connecteed up an only ASUS router and everything is working without any dropped onnections or loss of internet. 

I cannot have a router that drops connections of any type. I have to keep the internet up at all times due to my security system.

Please let me know when i can reconnect and update the router. 

Hi, netrunner9. Looks like you've already exhausted the initial troubleshooting steps. Let's get you to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. Please send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Location - City/State and Phone Number), community username and the link to this community thread for reference.

Rosalyn - 21986

Can i get some level 2 support, too? My WRT32X drops connection and downloads are very slow. So frustrated with this router.

Hi, Ge3ks! Yes, you can. Just shoot us an email and we can have them look into your case after. We'll be looking forward to it.

Carl_S 21985

Hi Carl, where do I direct my email? Looking at the bottom of this page, the "Connect with Linksys" options are just links for Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

Can we expect a release where the GoogleDNS is solved soon?