Re: WRT32x and WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues

I have rolled back to Ver. 1.0.6.181063 and am no longer having issues. 

Administrator

[ Edited ]

playbass wrote:

I have rolled back to Ver. 1.0.6.181063 and am no longer having issues. 

Thanks for the update playbass. Did you reset the router after the rollback or just do a downgrade and reboot the router?

Administrator

bshipley78 wrote:
I rolled mine back two days ago and it has improved the WiFi but I still experience issues with no internet at random times. I verified with my isp that there haven't been any outages or issues.

if the updated firmware was pushed to my device on the 29th then about 5 days after seems about spot on with when i started noticing the WiFi dropping signal on both 2.4 and 5. I just hope that if this failed update messed up my router indefinitely, that Linksys would extend my warranty.

While I currently don't know the true root cause yet Bshipley, we will take care of you guys. We have already notified our support teams to waive warranty procedures for anyone having issues related to wifi reliability. We will keep that in place until we have a final resolution for everyone.

another thing I am noticing is a drop in the signal strength...where I used to see full strength I'm now seeing 3/4

I appreciate the support you are providing

I did *not* reset the router. I reverted to the previous firmware through the Web UI and then rebooted the router. My old settings were persistent after the reboot. I didn't reset to factory settings and set up all my credentials and settings again.

playbass,

Thats interesting. After I downgraded my firmware, I'm pretty sure I have to do a factory reset on my WRT3200ACM. I'm going to try this again.

OMG!  A little too late finding this forum.  I just got a replacement 3200acm because of this internet connection loss on both wifi bands and I updated the firmware right away when the new one arrived and now a rollback doesn't fix the problem again!.  I had a 2 router setup working since october(when I first received the ACM) and ever since I updated to the 351 firmware it blows!  I have now reduced to a 1 router setup, ACM router, just for testing and it still loses connection no matter what firmware is used (063 or 351).  Fix this please because I don't want to get another replacement.

[ Edited ]

@Linksys_Lucas

I have rolled back and reset (again) using the FM you linked in your post. Problems still persist in that connected devices lose internet connectivity (both on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks) after a period of time (varies from minutes to hours). Previously wireless devices lost connection to the router, but now they remain connected and lose internet access.

The only way to restore internet connectivity is to either reboot the router or power cycle the radios.

I have completed the survey

I have reverted to my backup router (from another manufacturer) as I work from home and need a stable internet connection so will not be able to provide system logs to help isolate the problem

Same issue using the 208 firmware on my WRT32X. It helped for an hour or so then crashed every 10 mins after.