Re: WRT32x and WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues

@canadave to confirm: you are on 1.0.6.181063 now? this is describing the issue i am seeing as well. can you tell if the issue is isolated to http traffic? i seem to have more issues with http traffic than for example, checking an imap box..
Administrator

Canadave wrote:

@Linksys_Lucas

I have rolled back and reset (again) using the FM you linked in your post. Problems still persist in that connected devices lose internet connectivity (both on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks) after a period of time (varies from minutes to hours). Previously wireless devices lost connection to the router, but now they remain connected and lose internet access.

The only way to restore internet connectivity is to either reboot the router or power cycle the radios.

I have completed the survey

Thanks Canadave appreciate it. Hoping we can get a good amount of people to respond tonight so we can narrow down the variables and start working towards replication tomorrow.

[ Edited ]

frankyfranky wrote:
@canadave to confirm: you are on 1.0.6.181063 now? this is describing the issue i am seeing as well. can you tell if the issue is isolated to http traffic? i seem to have more issues with http traffic than for example, checking an imap box..

@frankyfranky

All traffic was impacted. Streaming media (using Chromecast) seemed to shorten the cycle, but that could all in my imagination Smiley Happy

I had rolled back to 1.0.6.181063 but have since disconnected and reverted to my backup router

@frankyfranky

All traffic was impacted. Streaming media (using Chromecast) seemed to shorten the cycle, but that could all in my imagination Smiley Happy

I had rolled back to 1.0.6.181063 but have since disconnected and reverted to my backup router

Streaming media also shortens the cycle for me too (WRT32X w/v.208 firmware) [eg. Youtube and Netflix in both smartphone and laptop]

I purchased the WRT32X about two months ago. All was good until about 10 days ago shortly after the last firmware update. WiFi started to completely disappear and even rebooting the router wouldn't bring it back. I kept up on another thread on this forum and followed the suggestion to roll back to firmware Version 1.0.170828.208. WiFi still drops about 3-4 times a day requiring me to either unplug it or turning it off and back on. I would love to return this thing and purchase a router that actually works but I am beyond the return policy with BB. I have noticed that by removing any prioritization that the wifi disappearing is a little less frequent. What is really weird is that this problem was non-existent before the last update and now even after rolling back, it persists.

I have gone through the rollback to firmware 1.0.6.181063 on 12/12 for my WRT3200ACM. It worked okay for an hour, and then the problem came back again. Now the condition is even worse as I'm losing Wi-Fi multiple times every hour. Sometimes devices have Wi-Fi connection and internet is inaccessible on both wired and wireless devices however, I can still traceroute and ping public websites from 'Torubleshooting' page on router. So, rolling back to 1.0.6.181063 firmware did not work for me.

I have the wrt32x and I have been following the forums closely for over a week hoping for a fix. I just now decided to make an account to tell you I have turned off automatic updates a while ago to prevent an even worse firmware from auto-updating. So I was already on version 1.0.170828.208. This version seemed to already been giving me problems. Any idea what I should be doing?

My experience has been as follows:

Wired connections work fine. Wireless however, no matter the band or channel, will disconnect and show as available networks to join, but the device can never resolve an ip address to be assigned. When I pull up the web ui, it seems like the router still sees the devices connected (ie: "number of connected devices =5") but the devices no longer have an actual connection. I am thinking the problem lies in the fact that the devices can not obtain an IP due to the router still seeing the devices as being connected and already having an IP address.

Thoughts?

Is anybody using Android devices that are having the issue? The 8.1 uodate just came out for my Pixel XL today, and after upgrading I came home, rebooted the router again and have now been stable for about 3 hours. That's the longest since I updated to the borked firmware.

[ Edited ]

WRT32X

Purchased on Black Friday, received on Nov 26, 2017.

Set it up and was on Version 1.0.170828.208 originally, no issues.

Few days later it updated to Version 1.0.171114.271 and I suddenly had issues where the 5GHz band would drop and all wireless devices would lose connection. There are no wired devices on my network.

I have since downgraded back to Version 1.0.170828.208, unplugged the modem during setup and set the router to Never update so that it remains on Version 1.0.170828.208.

The router would still broadcast the 5GHz channel, but it would not resolve an IP address for those devices. The end result would be the devices either saying the signal was "Out of range" or prompting me to re-enter the WiFi password as if the one that had been saved is incorrect.

Even if using a static IP address and using IP Address reservation for the MAC addresses on those devices, they would simply become "Connected, no internet".

I did not notice any problems on the 2.4GHz band, but to be fair I don't often use it. I will however note when the 5GHz band has issues, I would need to connect to the 2.4Ghz band to access 192.168.1.1 and perform a reboot (if not doing it manually with the power switch on the router).

Devices on the network include a Linksys RE7000 Range Extender, a Google Chromecast, a Roku, a Google Chromebook, an Apple iPod Touch and anywhere between 2 and 4 android phones (Nexus 6 - Android 5.1.1, Google Pixel XL - Android 8, Google Pixel 2 - Android 8.1).

The WiFi connectivity issues happen randomly at best. Sometimes once every 20-30 minutes, sometimes once per hour, sometimes 1-3 times per day. Often when waking up in the morning the router will have dropped all connections and need a reboot.

If I log into the RE7000 while there are WiFi connectivity issues, it will show the 2.4GHz band is connected while the 5GHz band is disconnected. It is very rare for me to see the reverse issue where the 2.4GHz band is the one that is having the issues (although it has happened 2 or 3 times total since owning the router).

...and sadly while writing this post the 5GHz band has dropped again, making it the 4th time in under 2 hours. Frustrating.

Hello! I appreciate the notification from the other thread to this official forum...My router for the past 6 months I was running stock and didn’t know which firmware I had however it ran perfect till Nov when my family told me they had issues with WiFi I then proceeded to reset to factory and try but it kept failing I have tried firmwares that were before the 1063 plus ddwrt but it just won’t work... LAN works but WiFi will work randomly and disconnect on Apple and android devices I also rolled to older firmware updates and have done the proper resets and nothing fixes the WiFi drops... it seems what ever happened in Nov has messed it up semi permanently... I also have a case number and been promised to have level 2 support contact me in 24-48 hours etc I am trying to be patient and trying to figure out the dead weight that’s sitting here but I don’t want to lose my money even the warranty is out but I enjoyed this router all the way out till Nov... and then it just got worse to the point where nothing works regardless of resets and DDWRT ...so yea!