Re: WRT32x and WRT3200ACM WiFi Issues

pktgumby,

I'm running a Pixel on 8.1. I reloaded the 1.0.6.184351.firmware on my WRT3200ACM to test and had the same outcome. After a few hours devices were disconnecting randomly.

Switched back to1.0.6.181063 and it seems stable.

I have a few devices running 8.1. The problem persists with these devices. In fact, at first I thought my WiFi problems were due to the updates (as they both started around the same time).

I'll repeat my experience on this thread as well.

I've had my wrt3200 for over a year. Until last month it performed flawlessly. Reliable and fast. Honestly, I never had to think about it. It just worked. Last month my wifi devices , 2.4ghz and 5ghz, started losing internet connection. This didn't effect any wired device connected to the router. I would have to reboot the router to correct the issue. Sometimes turn the wifi radios off and back on would also fix the issue. At first I was rebooting the router once a day, but soon the wifi devices would lose internet access after 1-3 hours. After realizing my router auto update around this same time I rolled it back to the firmware Linksys is now recommending. I reset my router before and after rolling it back. I continued to have the same issue every few hours. I figured maybe my router was dying. I went out and bought a new wrt3200 router. When I installed it it auto updated and started having the same issue pretty much out of the box. I return it. After that I have tried every 3200 firmware version Linksys has ever released for the router, and I continued to have the same issue on my year old router. This became super frustrating, I needed my router to work. I bought another router, different brand, dropped in place of the Wrt3200, and have had no issues with either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. The router is fast and reliable in the same environment.

Linksys needs to know that after buying their products for many years, they have pretty much lost me as a customer.

Newest update ruined 5ghz network for me as well. Tried rolling back to the previous firmware (which was working fine before the update) and it is still doing the same thing (dropping 5ghz wifi after about 30 mins or so). Hopefully Linksys will fix this soon...

[ Edited ]

Before the update I had regular but intermittent issues with Ver. 1.0.6.181063. Basicilly devices not having internet access.

I have Home Automation, Arlo and Nest Camera's , 4 Amazon Alex'as as well as phones Firetv's, Roku, Chromecast, Kids PC's Tablets, etc... So if the Wifi isn't stable. I notice. All but one device was on 5Ghz.

I use complex passwords that are 10+  characters long  from a random password generatorusing special characters, numbers and letters. Usually Characters "A-Z", "a-z", "0-9"  and "!@#$%^&*".

The upgrade to 1.0.6.184351 caused Wifi to fail on all devices usually within about an hour. Once went about 2/3 of a day. But much of that was overnight when nobody was actively using it.

Reverting to 1.0.6.181063. works better. But I still have issues. Haven't left it running long enough to see if I'm back to the original problem only. Brough my Old Asus Router back online since it runs forever without any issues.

Planning on ordering a different replacement router in the next day or so.

What really makes the reliability obvious for me is that me nest cameras and home automation send it alerts when they lose contract with my devices. I rarely get alerts with the old router. They happen due to occasional isp issues. With this router even when working it's best it was a daily event getting alerts.

What really makes the reliability obvious for me is that me nest cameras and home automation send it alerts when they lose contract withb my devices. I rarely get alerts with the old router. They happen due to occasional isp issues. With this router even when working it's best it was a daily event getting alerts.

Also since nobody answered the phone for me. I use the VoIP with Alexa to get ahold of family in the house. With the Linksys router the Alexa would be offline often. Even with the "working" firmware.

On the Android question. I usually have at least ten various Android devices connected if you include phones and other Android devices

[ Edited ]

Linksys, can you give us basic factory firmware1.0.170608.4 (Factory)? We can try it. I try downgrading to 208 and 201 firmware on my wrt32x and promblems are still.

my experience with this router (WRT3200ACM)

i got my router recertified from linksys web in may this year, 7 months ago.... open the box install it all default. i only change network name and password.

never had any problem, a couple of weeks ago i start loosing conectivity with my cellphone (samsung galaxy) i restart the router and the problem was gone... some days after my wife start with the same problem (same cellphone) and after that, every day at least 3 or 4 times.... restarting the router all the time is boring.... i check for firmware update and my router had the last one.

i use direct tv now for tv in my place and is imposible to watch tv after this problem because drop connection every 5 or 10 minutes.

the problem was loosing the wifi, have to restart client wifi and work again

i install dd-wrt and continue with the same problem.....rollback to Ver. 1.0.6.181063 and the problem was different. never loose the wifi again but stop opening webs every 20 or 30 minutes..

today i did a change on my router, i select a channel for my wireless network manualy.... and the problem is gone....i have more than 3 hours without any problem (before was every 15 or 20 minutes)

i hope linksys can fix this problem because is a lot of money in this router to have to many issues.....

i wonder what was that pre loaded firmware that came with our routers when we got them ?? would you know by any chance?