Administrator

Re: WiFi Drops and Disconnects with Android Devices on your network.

Xavier-Cisco wrote:

Hi ,

It is the WRT32X.

Any idea ?

Hi Xavier this is the Deauth that is happening when an android device is flooding the network with MDNS traffic. MDNS is only sent out at the basic rate it was overloading the TX and RX queues of the router. The firmware we have up now should resolve it. Are you still seeing it using the latest one that I posted on the first page here?

Administrator

VladK wrote:

"The worst part of this is all of the D-bags blaming Lucas/Linksys for the problems" - no, the worst part that Linksys will stop fixing their router and will start blaming "Oh, it's all Google's fault". I rebooted yesterday router and this morning it just stopped opening internet pages until another reboot. Maybe something wrong with Android devices, but it shouldn't put router to its knees.

Thanks for the input Vlad. It might help for you to share what router you have or provide some additional detail though Smiley Happy

My issue described in https://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT-1200AC-and-Killer-E2200-network-adapter-issue/...

Right now I bought Intel CT ethernet card and trying to check is it Killer Networks E2200 specific issue or not.

i'm having this same problem too.. thank you for sharing!

Highlighted

I have an E3000 router that just started resetting itself randomly in the last week. I've updated to the latest firmware but the problem continues. We have an Android phone connected to the wifi network but I'm having a hard time confirming this is what is causing the problem. I do not see Chromecast or Google Home apps on the phone and going to the Play Store shows no updates for any apps on the phone.

For now, I'm going to keep the phone off the network to see if the problem ever happens even with the phone not connected. Any other suggestions on how to pinpoint the cause of the resets? Any chance a Kindle on the network could be doing something similar to the reported Android issue?