Xbox One Backwards Compatability Issue

[ Edited ]

I have an EA6350 Router.  I have opened up the ports for Xbox One and I am still incapable of signing into Xbox 360 games through Backwards Compatability. If anyone can help, that would be awesome. 

Re: Xbox One Backwards Compatability Issue

@Manbueno wrote:

I have an EA6350 Router.  I have opened up the ports for Xbox One and I am still incapable of signing into Xbox 360 games through Backwards Compatability. If anyone can help, that would be awesome. 

Please try to reboot both the router and the Xbox. Also, make sure the firmware is updated. If that won't work reset the EA6350 and re-configure it again. Let us know how it goes.

Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

I've restarted the router; opened the ports; reset, restarted, etc. my Xbox; I've unplugged and plugged in my modem; I've tried DMZ; I've tried making a static IP and I am still incapable of getting this to work.  The firmware is updated on the router. I just can't find a solution for this.

@Manbueno wrote:

I've restarted the router; opened the ports; reset, restarted, etc. my Xbox; I've unplugged and plugged in my modem; I've tried DMZ; I've tried making a static IP and I am still incapable of getting this to work.  The firmware is updated on the router. I just can't find a solution for this.

Just to verify, have you tried to have it checked by your internet service provider if the ports are open on their end? If not, you may do that. Let us know so we can have our escalation engineers look into this. 

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support

I called my ISP (Spectrum) and they said that everything should be in order. 

Expert

You could try and wire your Xbox directly to the modem (if it is close to the modem, or you gave a long enough ethernet cable, then power cycle the modem after the EA6350 is unhooked) and see if you can log into your account, this would for sure tell you if it is the router, or maybe an Xbox live issue.
DD-WRT r36168: WRT3200ACM, WRT1200ACv1, WRT1900ACv1
Velop: WHW0101 x3, RE6500, RE9000
TWC/Spectrum - 300/25
SysLog Watcher 5, Security Onion Intrusion Detection System on Virtual Box

wrote:
You could try and wire your Xbox directly to the modem (if it is close to the modem, or you gave a long enough ethernet cable, then power cycle the modem after the EA6350 is unhooked) and see if you can log into your account, this would for sure tell you if it is the router, or maybe an Xbox live issue.

By connecting through the modem directly, I was able to connect my Xbox One to Backwards Compatible games - I had no issue. However, once I connected the router and power cycled the Xbox One, Router, and Modem, I began to have the same problem again. Is there a specific setting on the router I should be on the lookout for, or is this issue unavoidable with the router I am currently using?

Expert

When you set a static IP was it on the Xbox or did you reserve the IP on the router, or did you try it both ways?

When you tried DMZ did you also have the static IP set (or reserved by the router)?

This is sounding a little strange for sure, do you have another Xbox on the network, or anything that may be using those ports already?

DD-WRT r36168: WRT3200ACM, WRT1200ACv1, WRT1900ACv1
Velop: WHW0101 x3, RE6500, RE9000
TWC/Spectrum - 300/25
SysLog Watcher 5, Security Onion Intrusion Detection System on Virtual Box

[ Edited ]

@OMGWTFBBQwrote:

When you set a static IP was it on the Xbox or did you reserve the IP on the router, or did you try it both ways?

When you tried DMZ did you also have the static IP set (or reserved by the router)?

This is sounding a little strange for sure, do you have another Xbox on the network, or anything that may be using those ports already?

I want to set up the router, again, but I want to do it properly - is there a resource/guide that will give me a step-by-step on how to configure  a static IP? All I did was through the DHCP Reservation and DMZ through the MAC Address/DHCP Client Table. In the meantime I will do it on my own.

This is how my ports currently look:

[ Edited ]

Update

I ended up ditching a static IP on the router, and set up the static IP on the Xbox One - unfortunately, this didn't fix my issue.

I then rebooted and that didn't work.

What did solve my issue was doing a Factory Reset. I don't know why, and I don't know how, but I do hope that resolving my issue may help someone in the future. I am now able to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One console. Smiley Happy I still have a static IP on my Xbox One.